Tuesday, July 11, 2017

2 AM Musing

"I just want to tell you nothing
You don't want to hear
All I want is for you to say
Oh why don't you just take me
Where I've never been before
I know you want to hear me
Catch my breath
I love you 'till the end."



It's midnight and I really craved to listen to this song 'Love you till the end' by Pogues. I did. And, instead of mollifying my craving, there was a ripple effect. Of course, what was I thinking? There's always a ripple effect, isn't it? Especially when you are not sleeping while the world is busy dreaming. So what's the ripple effect? Holy Moly! The ripples went afar to trigger the sweet memories of Holly and Gerry. Yes, I wanted to watch P.S. I love you, all of a sudden. I was half way through when the time steadily went on to greet the 2 AM mark, but the craving is too obdurate to settle for anything. There was another craving to write in my blog. So, this is it. I am writing stuffs. Now, the craving has changed its hand. Back to movie again. See ya later.

You might be wondering when I'll come write next. Yes, I am back now. Holly is reading the letter which Gerry left for her in his parents' home. Standing right at the Gerry's Fort, Holly reads the letter where Gerry describes the time they first met. 'I am lost', she says to Gerry, while in a state of quandary, after not knowing where she has reached. On the other hand, Gerry looks at her, gets stunned by her beauty and thinks to himself that she is not. This scene is one of my best movie scenes of all time. The chemistry between these two actors in this particular scene is so alluring that I must have watched this particular scene over a thousand times. Seriously. Hey! I am re-watching the scene. Excuse me for sometime though. Till then, why don't you play the Galway Girl?

I don't know if you played that song or not, but I finished watching the whole damn movie. Aah! this feels nice. Finally, the craving seems to be subsided. Sometimes, things go down the crazy lane and we go with the flow. Guess what? Happiness seems to come along that way though. Unplanned. Even I would not have predicted in my wildest dreams, let alone planned, to watch this movie at the quietest hour of the night. I might be the only person to watch movies like this alone. To crave for random things; ALONE. Well let me quote Holly's mother from the movie, "Thing to remember is if we are all alone then we are all together in it too." I watched the movie alone. You are reading this musing alone. And, at the end, we came together in our alone-ness. Thank you for the time at these odd hours. I crave for sleep now.

P.S. Guess what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ट्रेकिंग/हाइकिंगको क्रममा हराउँदा

हिंडी रहने बाटो त बिराउने गरिन्छ भने कहिले पनि नहिंडेको र कुनै म्याप अनि गाइडको सहारा बिना हराउनु भनेको आश्चर्यजनक कुरो पनि भएन | काठमाडौँक...