Thursday, March 17, 2016

City of Dreams: Book Review (Not exactly)

City of Dreams: StoriesCity of Dreams: Stories by Pranaya SJB Rana
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pranaya Rana's story telling is too good to be called a debutant's work. Having read only Samrat Upadhyaya's works long ago, I started long ago to ignore Nepali writers writing in English. A lot of English books written by Nepali writers are stacked in my book shelf and I think it's time to kick out my ignorance.

Coming back to Pranaya and his book, I think this is one of the best collection of short stories. Out of ten stories, three stories (Dashain, The Red Kurta and Maya) left me disappointed while other stories are the early signs that 'this writer' will not only be better with time but will mark his place high as a writer, as a whole.

I am not going to review each story here. But I recommend everyone to read this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

ट्रेकिंग/हाइकिंगको क्रममा हराउँदा

हिंडी रहने बाटो त बिराउने गरिन्छ भने कहिले पनि नहिंडेको र कुनै म्याप अनि गाइडको सहारा बिना हराउनु भनेको आश्चर्यजनक कुरो पनि भएन | काठमाडौँक...