Grievous Separation

A horrific thunderbolt
hit me right at my chest.
Oh! what an assault.
A hundred carafes of poison
or
the thousand rounds of bullets
would have hurt less
than the pain it caused
when
you abandoned me.

But,
I tried to deal with it.
‘Move on’,
I urged my inner me.
‘I am not a loser.
Quitting is never an option’,
I tried to pacify the anguish.
It did not aid.
The palpable twinge
troubled more;
aww! my delicate heart.

To sweep away the woe,
I pact with the booze.
Alas!
Every sip of the nasty tipple
ousted heavy flood
from my shuddering eyes.
I could tell you , love,
that was quite a sight.

Still the heart pounding,
the excruciating truth,
still unsolved.
I banged my liquor’s glass
in sheer dismay.
Sane enough to halt
the bleeding from the wound,
I searched the bandage.
Sadly, the wound was in heart,
Tissue would not help.


 - Bhaskar Dhakal


Comments

  1. nice theme...
    but poetic nabhayera hola....poem bhitra nai dubna sakena...
    keep up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. feelings scattered, lack of depth in poem yet words used are quiet bold. Not a complete poem but would have been alot more better.
    Keep it up :)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

भान्जा-भान्जीलाई चिठ्ठी

Choice Is Ours To Make

माया त यस्तो होस्